Lumberjack

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Catch-up!

Man,

I have been wanting to blog for a while now.  Here are some of the highlights of this year so far:
(Fair warning, this post will be very sporadic)

June 26th - Supreme Courts ruling on Gay Marriage.  Those of you who know me, know that I am a Mormon and don't have a problem with same-sex marriage (GASP!).  Do I believe that marriage is between a man and woman?  From an eternal perspective, yes.  From an earthly perspective, no.  I think that my sister's marriage to her wife is more devoted and loving than a lot of Hollywood marriages.  I have lots more to say on this topic, but I digress.  You can judge me if you like, but I love my family.  Look at them.  How could you not love them?

In February, we found out Quinn is going to be a big sister!  Candice is due in October and they are having a boy!  His name is going to be Tucker Mark Berrett, and you will be able to follow his life in pictures with the hashtag #tuckermark.  We are all super excited to have a boy in this family!  Especially Nate and my dad.
Here's an ultrasound of Tucker.  Hopefully it works.



Also in February, Anna, Madelyn, my Mom and my Uncle Dave went to see my favorite artist, Pentatonix down at UVU!  I loved that concert and it was fun to see how big (famous) they have gotten since we went last year.  Here's a pic of us last year.  (Madelyn was on a mission) They were at the Complex last year and now they are in a movie and touring with Kelly Clarkson!  So cool to see them do so well.



Quinn loves puppies.  I love her face in this picture!

At the end of February, we went to see Anjelah Johnson, the comedian with the Berretts.  She was great.


Quinn being a T-rex.  I wish I had the video, because she runs around acting like one and ROARING to my dad.  So funny.


She really loves Nate :)  This video crack me up.

In May, Nate got his Bachelor's in Economics with a Minor in Portuguese!!  This was such a huge milestone in both our lives and I am so proud of him for sticking with school!!  He is my favorite!  We had quite the support group there cheering him on:  Grandma and Grandpa Siebert, Grandma and Grandpa Smedley, the Berretts, the Jacksons, and then many more at lunch!  Nate is so lucky to have great family always willing to support him.  PS the lighting this day was overcast and wonderful for pictures.



In March (haha sorry I know it's sporadic and out of order), Nate and Brad celebrated 26 years of being alive!

Brad's chocolate rum cake

The Jackson's neighbor has a Slingshot and Brad and Nate got to ride in it!

Brad with his birthday swag.

Nate with his new hat

Combining families' traditions: The Jackson's red plate with the Berrett's "cut the first letter of your name out of toast with eggs" breakfast

Quinn helping Nate open his birthday present from my parents.  Spoiler alert: it was shirts :)  Ah the joys of being a grown up...

Speaking of being a grown up, we got a new mailbox and Nate was SO excited!  I wasn't at first, but I really like it now.



Kyle and Nichole got married in the Oakland, CA temple, so we made a mini vacation of it!
At the Oakland Temple


Nate as the best man



Fisherman's Wharf


Biking the Golden Gate Bridge




We were there on Easter so we had to get a picture with the Easter Bunny.

We are inside of a tree!


This summer, we did lots of boating and playing...
















On July 3rd, Nate and I went to the Real Game for the Holiday.






No comments:

Post a Comment