Lumberjack

Sunday, May 14, 2017

7 weeks 3/24/17

Another week has passed by.  I had my second ultrasound on Thursday this past week.  I was So nervous because the last time we were here, the Dr told us there wasn't a heartbeat.  I wasn't spotting at all so I was hopefully optimistic that we would see it.  This would be our year!

We went in and right when the probe was on the baby, we saw this little tiny flickering.  My heart jumped.  It was so exciting to see it!  Both Nate and I breathed a sigh of relief and shared some happy tears.  Then, Dr Blauer turned on the sound and we were able to hear the heart beat!  It was so cute!  The beat was about 136 bpm which he told us was good.  So when we left, we "officially graduated" from the infertility clinic.   Those people have done a ton for us, and we waited almost 3 years to hear that little fluttering heart beat.  Best day ever.

That happiness was short lived when the next morning not 16 hours later I started to bleed like last time I was miscarrying.  I was at work and was freaking out.  I called Nate and he set up an ultrasound at ten at the clinic.

We both were crying as we drove to the clinic and I was trying to prepare for the worst news.  We got there and had to wait a little but when we got in, Dr Blauer got the probe and measured the baby.  We still had a heartbeat.   In fact, it was up to 141 bpm.  This little rascal may kill me from anxiety before it's even born...

We took the rest of the day off and my pregnancy symptoms returned.  Our bodies are so weird.  This is going to be a long year as I am due in November...  I have another ultrashing scheduled for next week and then one with a new OB on April 4.  I finish taking shots and meds on April 14th, 19 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment