Lumberjack

Sunday, May 14, 2017

The results are in!

So, this may or may not be a long blog post. Also, all this information in this post is going to be TMI, so if that makes you uncomfortable, just skip to the end.

Last time we did a fresh IVF cycle, my cycle started on Wednesday (I was supposed to take a blood test on Friday, but started before).  So I was really nervous and expected a negative result (a BFN - big fat negative, to those trying to conceive) because I was feeling the exact same symptoms as before.  I wasn't nauseous, tired from the dog waking me up so many times, but wasn't sore, and it felt like I was going to start.  So all that week, I was super sad and depressed, because we would have to start all over again with shots every day and doctors appointments every other day. (NOT fun.)

I woke up on Wednesday, went to the bathroom, and noticed that I was spotting.  This happened the last time, so I figured that afternoon I would start.  So I put a tampon in, and waited for the inevitable to happen.

That night, there was more spotting, but it was dark colored and the tampon wasn't full.  I figured the birth control messed my cycle up, and was convinced that I wasn't pregnant.  I was waiting until Friday (my blood test) before I took an actual at-home test, because I figured, what's the point?  It's just a waste of money.

So Friday morning at 8, I got my blood drawn, and I told my nurse Jeanette, that when she called me with the results, just to leave a message, and I would listen to it after work.  That day at work i was super busy, so it wasn't on my mind.  It was all I had in me when the phone rang not to answer it.

I saw the voicemail.. and waited...  I only made it about 30 minutes before I said to myself, "I'm just going to listen to the first 5 seconds, just to get  the bad news over with.  Here is the voicemail.


When I heard her say, "I have really good news for you", I hung up and immediately called Nate.  I put the voicemail on speaker, and we listened to it together.  You have to remember that I was CONVINCED that it didn't work again, so I was shocked when she told me I was pregnant!  

Nate and I was full on crying tears of happiness while we were both at work (our poor coworkers...)  I should have recorded it, but was too anxious.  Just know that it was a very special moment between us.  keep in mind that the doctor gave us a 5-10% of success WITH in-vitro.

We finally got our big fat positive!  It worked!  I am pregnant!  I still can't believe it is real.  I never thought it would be our turn.  You read so many stories and blogs about everyone's infertility journey, and so many people have had so much heartache and years of trying.  I never knew where ours would fit.  I am due in May (our anniversary month!) and we couldn't be more excited!  Baby Jackson, reality is starting to sink in!  Since Friday (Sept 16th) every once in a while while we are in the car, I will just look at Nate and say, "I am pregnant!" and he'll say, "You are pregnant".  We both can't believe it!  

I know all the prayers and good vibes helped make this possible.  Thank you family and friends for all of your support!  Baby Jackson is already loved by so many!








No comments:

Post a Comment